Skip to content
Soy Ginger Chicken
Use Chicken Thighs
In this recipe, chicken thighs work well because they have a higher fat content. This imparts more flavor to the dish and allows the chicken to stay moist, rather than drying out.
Make it as Spicy or Sweet as You’d Like
Notice that I used ranges in the amounts for the sriracha and the honey. With this dish, it all depends on your preferences. Use more honey if you like it sweet, and more sriracha if you like it extra spicy.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 3-5 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Season the chicken thighs with black pepper only on both sides.
- Mix the ingredients for the soy-ginger sauce together in a large bowl and add the chicken thighs. Cover, and let marinade for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Once you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet skin side down for 2-3 minutes. Flip, and cook on the other side for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan, reduce heat and cook for about 5 more minutes in the pan until the sauce slightly reduces.
- Add the green beans and red pepper.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook for 25-30 more minutes until cooked all the way through and crispy on top. Halfway through the cooking time you can flip the chicken using tongs.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with white rice. Enjoy!