Skip to content
Homemade crepes are beautifully thin, perfect rolled up with your favorite toppings. You can add fresh whipped cream, maple syrup, or powdered sugar depending on what you have on hand. The great thing is, crepes a like a blank canvas for any sweet additions you want to add.
Here we’ve added nutella and raspberry for a decadent breakfast or brunch. These crepes are delicious, authentic, and will transport you to France for the morning as you sip on espresso while eating with a loved one.
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter for pan
Makes 12 crepes
- Fresh fruit, nutella, or syrup
About the author: Meghan Lavin is a food blogger, recipe curator, and graduate student at Boston College. Check out Meghan Lavin's Blog and Instagram to see more food-related content.
- Add all the crepe ingredients into a blender, mix until well combined, scraping down the sides and mixing again as necessary.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and add ½ cup water to thin it out, mixing it into the batter.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Grease a nonstick pan over medium heat with a little butter, place ¼ cup of batter in the pan and swirl the pan around using the handle to create a thin crepe.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes on one side, then use a spatula to flip. Cook the other side for 30 second to 1 minute.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Spread the nutella in each crepe, top with fresh berries, and enjoy!