Skip to content
Peach Ricotta Crostini
Ahh, crostini. Little bites of heaven, we like to call them in my house. The perfect finger food for entertaining, these crostini's are the perfect sweet and savory summer treat. This recipe uses a lot of love and seasoning, resulting in a delicious dish everyone will love.
Season the Ricotta
What makes this recipe different is that we season the ricotta with garlic, fresh herbs, and honey for a hint of sweetness. This brings all the elements together, since we are topping the ricotta with slices of peaches and fresh basil.
Fry the Bread, On Both Sides
Crostini can be made in the oven, under the broiler like toast. However, I like to bring out the cast iron skillet in this recipe. Brushing both sides of each piece of bread with olive oil, and frying them in the pan until toasty produces the best result.
- 1 baguette, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Whole basil leaves
- 1 Peach, Sliced
- Optional: Balsamic Glaze
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly brush each side of the baguette slices with olive oil.
- Add the slices to the pan, toasting each side for 2-3 minutes until crispy, then flipping.
- Set the slices aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the ricotta, honey, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix until incorporated. Adjust sweetness or herbs based on your preference, you may want to add a little more of something here.
- Prepare the crostinis by spreading the ricotta mixture onto each crostini.
- Add the peach slices and basil on top.
- Optional step: drizzle a little balsamic glaze over each crostini.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!