Skip to content
Cheesy Za’atar Pizza
Za'atar is a Middle Eastern seasoning with dried oregano, thyme, marjoram, sumac and toasted sesame seeds. It's the perfect seasoning that's equally as rich and complex as it is bright. In this pizza recipe, olive oil and sprinklings of za'atar is used instead of a traditional marinara base. You can make your own za'atar blend, or keep it simple and buying it in-store.
- 2-2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + more
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons Za’atar Seasoning Mix
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Large Sliced Tomato
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta
- Slices of Fresh Mozzarella
- Mix half of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and warm water, using a wooden spoon to stir.
- Incrementally, add another 1 cup flour. You might need to add a little more, depending on how the dough comes together. Stir until the dough is mixed into a ball, with some elasticity.
- In another bowl, grease the inside with olive oil, using your hands or a brush.
- Transfer the ball of dough into the bowl using lightly floured hands. Cover with seran wrap and put in a warm place.
- Allow it to rise for about 30 mins. The pizza dough should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on a floured surface. Do not overwork the dough, about 4-5 kneads should work.
- Use a rolling pin to create a circle shape, about 12 inches.
- Transfer to a pizza pan lined with parchment paper and fold over the edges to create a crust. Poke some holes in the middle of the pizza.
- Sprinkle the za'atar seasoning over the top, drizzle a little olive oil, adding the cheeses and tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.