Skip to content
Baked Feta Pasta with Eggplant
This simple recipe has become infamous overnight, thanks to Tik Tok. I wanted to test this recipe, and see what the hype was about. It turns out this dish has become popular for a reason - it’s easy to make and easy to customize. You can add whatever herbs, and even vegetables. The original recipe uses only tomatoes, but here we’ve added eggplant for a dish with more bite.
It all comes together with ribbons of basil, making it the perfect weeknight dinner in a pinch.
- 1 Whole Eggplant, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 (8-oz.) block feta
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 10 oz. penne or bow-tie pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish or baking dish, combining the tomatoes, eggplant, olive oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Combine.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the dish and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Place the fresh Italian herbs on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the feta is slightly golden on top.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions, salting the water generously.
- Reserve ½ cup of the starchy pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Add the pasta directly to the casserole dish, mix, and slowly incorporate the starchy pasta water.
- Garnish with ribbons of fresh basil, and serve!